Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Simple and Beautiful

So the last month has brought fruitful blessings upon us here on the farm.  To start with Lykota was blessed by Elder Robert Olsen. He is a  cranky old man who I and Krik have come to love. He has a great sense of humor and loves us as much we can tell. He was so happy to bless little Lykota for us he was almost beaming. A blessing the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is simply giving a child or person a name in heaven. His blessing was simple yet so beautiful.

In an update on the job front we have a part time temp job. I will be finished on May 24  but for now I am working 20 full hours a week. yeah for me. I am the new In School Suspension (ISS) officer for Canyon View Jr. High. I work with some kids who need more TLC then others but hey that is what I do best I guess. Simple work but rewarding all the same.

Nibbles and Oreo have had two litters since the first  She just had her fourth litter two nights ago. We lost 3 or the 8 babies. But that left 5 alive. We think. When bunnies have babies they build a nest to have them in. the momma rabbit pulls her front chest fur off and makes a warm bed to have her babies in. Nibbles has shredded news paper we put in for her and taken straw into the box to have her babies. They are kind of ugly at birth but fun to watch grow into young energetic bunnies. We sale for $10.00 each. With one day on the last litter they were gone.

The chickens are doing well also. The three sisters we got for Easter last year have learned how to fly. Krik and I are ready to clip wings before we plant our garden. They love to roam around the yard. Krik has become a pretty great chicken herder however. We are looking to get at least 5-6 more so we can have 12 laying chickens. Right now we have 5-6 laying chickens depending on the day.

All in all life is simple and great. I am looking forward to starting school in May hopefully. I am still getting all the stuff straighten out in order to go. I have been accepted by Western Gov. University. I am going into K-8 interdisciplinary. In other words elementary school teacher. Ready and roaring to go.

Well getting ready for summer is a lot of hard work. I am ready for it though. Catch you next week. Hopefully I will have more pictures to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment