Tuesday, August 9, 2011

OUCH I FELL!

Well I guess I should let all of you out there know I am not perfect. I fell off the wagon this last month. Health problems, kids and life in general have kept me from being too worried about living this simple life and being satisfied with it.  
But before I give up on it I am going to try again!
I want to tell all of you how much I really am tiring! I, like everyone else, am not perfect. 

Summer time seems to be my down fall for living the simple life. If I state how I feel it might save others from falling off the wagon, so here goes, I over indulged in the highlife. That is correct. I went out to eat on more than one occasion. I did not stick to my budget in any form of the word. I forgot to really work hard for what I wanted, and I played way too hard with my kids….The last one there really is no such thing so I will scratch that.

Now I am left standing here, wondering what happens now?
How do I correct all the damage I have done to my frugal thoughts process? Can I really go back to living the simple life? Not eating out every week, not over spending on junk food and wants. Can I really change the way I am living? With your help and a little will power I might be able to.

As I have posted before, if I write they will read. Maybe learn from my mistakes or at least not feel like you are all alone. I have often felt that I am not cut out for hard work. Manual labor was not a labor of love for me growing up I am not wired that way.
However, through necessity this way of life has carved out a place for me. One of my favorite saying has always been KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).
So how do I KISS my way out of this. I go back to the basics. What took place in the last month to change my method of thinking?

Ø  I started thinking
v  I have enough $ I don’t need to watch what I spend. (This is what got me into trouble the first time around if you remember right!)
v  I don’t want to pay the bills, I want to play!!! ( and that is exactly what I did)
v  As long as I am not going to a restaurant I can buy all the junk food in the world!
v  Yes, Kids we can do it all this summer!
Ø  I DID NOT
v  Weed my garden
v  Put up my jars correctly
v  Clean my home
v  Clean my yard
v  Take pride in what I was doing!

Now I know what I did wrong, how do I start the process of fixing?
Remember back when we started this frugal thing, I told you all it was an emotional, ever changing, breathing creature. Guess what, it still is! No I have not made any more money. In fact, I have lost some due to gaining extra bills this summer.
Now I have to buckle down and regain control.

Plan of action: Start now. Now I recognize it I am aware I slipped. I will readjust my thought process and priorities. I will continue to pay what I can when I can and call those who I have not yet been able to get paid and let them know I have not forgotten about them.

I will start tonight a new routine around my home for cleaning. I will regain all that satisfaction I found when I first started this great adventure.

I ask you all for any ideas on where to start! Give me what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment