Thursday, October 27, 2011

Here we go!





So I just got married. We did it on a super tight budget but pulled it off. I had 1 month to get it all put together and I did it. I think that really rocks. 
Simple and satisfying it was! 
Theme was Hippy and was very non-traditional! This saved me a bunch of money. My dress was an out fit of skirt and Shirt. My flowers and other decorations were all second hand from a yard sale. With the help of my maid of honor it was pulled off and looked very simple and elegant. 

Krik and Mayna
This brought my family together! We have waited lots of years to tie the knot and finally on October 15, 2011 we got to do that. Being married will bring more and more opportunities to use my skills and learn new skills in living simply satisfying life. 


To do this wedding I used my new skills of simple living. I did a lot of stuff on the do it my self. I made my center pieces, I took a mason jar, wrapped a tye dye ribbon around the top, placed wild flowers into the jar and there you had it. 
I got the flowers for 3.00 at a yard sale and I made my bouquet out of them with and my wedding cake, I made it myself. 
I will update this post with pictures as soon as I have them. I have some but not all of them. 
I had the boys were tye dye and jeans. Thus keeping my wedding party costs down. 
I spent a total of 1.00 on my head piece. Which saved me lots of money. 


I used a band that my uncle played in. It was great but older so I was able to get a great deal on it. 


We reused Diet Mt. Dew bottles for our ceremony decorations with free sunflowers that Krik cut the morning before that were growing wild along the road side. 


So all together I spent very little on the wedding I am very proud of myself. Krik helped tons and worked off the deposit for the recpetion hall at the kids school. The food was prepared for us by a 17 year old kid that did a wonderful job on our food. All we needed to do was write off on his intership for his culinary school. It worked for both us. 


To say the least. I am very happy and the family is together! Love you Sweets. 
Looking forward to starting our simple yet satisfying life together. 














No comments:

Post a Comment