Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring has Sprung

Spring has officially sprung here on the little farm we call home. Rabbits are having bunnies, Chickens are flying and trying to eat every bug they can gobble up, and Hubby and I have cabin fever.
I got the cleaning bug not to long ago. I have started to organize the homestead. Decorating is not far behind.
So far the inside has been done wonderfully.

 To get this much organization done with in my home is a small miracle  Almost the whole house is done now. My bedroom, Dining room, Front room, Kitchen (Including inside cupboards), laundry room, and family room have all been done.
That leaves the really hard rooms: Mud/ Storage room. And garage. neither of which I or the boys have had time to tackle just yet. But it is coming quickly.
 The bookshelf alone took us 3 hours to get straightened and done. But we are slowly chipping away at the cleaner side of life.
With the baby here now we have had the challenge of cleaning around the bigger :"toys" if you will. the Swing, port-a-crib, bouncer ect. They are easy to move but harder to keep looking nice if company happens to come over.
With my office in place I can keep up on bills , calling, family things that needs to happen. the best part of this whole thing is my phone. Jimmy had a birthday party and one of the boys needed to make a phone call.He picked up the phone and looked at me and asked. "Mrs.Myers how do you turn this on?" Then proceeded to figure out how to dial. I laugh to myself thinking of how cool I thought this phone was when Krik gave it me.



Look closely you can see even Baby Lykota helped out today. 
 The boys and I have been busy also getting the yard ready for our garden this year. Can't wait to get it in. Krik could not either. He went out a got himself 50 tomato plants today. .

Jimmy and I worked on getting the row's cleaned out so we can plant tomorrow. He would have helped but he had a minor heart attack on Sunday so he is under doctors orders not to do that kind of work for at least a week of not two

The boys are so excited to have the garden going in. Kanyon has asked to plant: Pea's, watermelon, and tomatoes. Byron asked for : cantaloupe  potatoes, and pumpkins. Cole asked for : Lettuce, carrots, and egg plant. Jimmy asked for: Romina tomatoes, jalapeno, and green peppers. We are planting all this plus squash a variety of sorts, onions, spices such as thyme, basil, cilantro, ect..
I love the fact I have such space I can plant as much of something as I need and as little of stuff as I don't want.




The last little bit I have gotten into cooking homemade from scratch meals. Breads, muffins, stews you name it I am trying it. For Jimmy's birthday party to save $ we had it at our house. The kids got to watch movies and make their own pizza's from scratch. I prepared the pizza dough ahead of time and they topped it. then we cooked it.




This was so much fun for the kids. they enjoyed doing it so much. I think they enjoyed eating them just as much.
 They munched down and had a wonderful time at his party. Jimmy turned 14 years old this year. He has grown up so fast.

yep they watched old tv show's classic Doctor Who and Star Trek Voyager. Yep I am raising Treky's. Love it too.












 Byron had his blue and gold banquet for Cub Scouts this month as well. He had to make a cake for dessert that night. He decided to make a tie dye cake from scratch. He made a white cake and colored it. Baked it and frosted it. Loved it too.

he worked hard on this. Letting it cool was hard for him because he wanted to frost it so fast afterward. He made chocolate frosting and it was a white and chocolate cake. I must say for his first time making a cake it tasted yummy.










 He won best inside surprise cake for the night.


Colorful it was and loved it we did.












Well as the summer wheres on I will keep you all apprised of how my simple life ride is going. Cooking is just a fun start to saving money. I even made homemade bread bowls to serve my stew in on Easter.


Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment