Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring Break Update.

So I have put up pictures the last week or so of our Spring Break Projects. I will recap all our comings and goings again in this longer version of the blog.

I am very thankful for the good weather we were given during this last week here in my home town. I am thankful for by Boys that they were able to help me get the garden in and the yard cleaned up. A few projects we have been working on are all here.


As you can see the Retaining wall in front of our little house was falling all down. Every time the boys would sit on it or walk on it I would worry it was falling down on them. We decided it was time for a better change. So we have started a new project this summer. We are placing a rose/rock garden in front of our little house. Love the new look. Also I would like to thank our neighbor's Bob and Dave Olsen who made short work of getting the wall down with their bobcat tractor. It would have taken lots of time with our truck and chain to pull it down and more time with the wheel barrow and kids to move all the bricks and dirt. We have now put in the rocks with the help of the boys, Adam and Jaren. Thanks for everyone who has helped make it possible to even start this project. 







 In the grand scheme of things this make's me feel as though the porch can be welcoming again. I love the idea of having some simple flowers to greet people. Jaren even dug out a new sprinkler line so that the grass and roses will grow well there. Decorating this area is going to take all summer but I am happy to say it is started at least. 








New Improved Down Stairs  Living / bedroom  
Bedroom area 
 So the 1st few days of our spring break was spent moving around our home. We took the kids toys and tv out of the basement and made it our big bedroom / office space. I am so excited to have room to move. The upstairs room we had as our bedroom has been made into a multipurpose room. Guest Bed/Toys/TV for all the kids to play in. This room will come in handy int he next few months I do believe. our bed room has its own entrance and I feel better knowing that I am taking care of the carpet the correct way. My office is getting an up grad as well as I picked up a bigger nutty pine desk at a yard sale this weekend. I will repurpose it to fit into the spot I want it and make it work very well with my house and decor. 
Garden Area is started.

 The next thing we worked on was getting the garden started. Here you see a start. The boys could not wait to start planting. Jimmy put in our tomato's (Covered of course by the homemade green house), Cole put in the Peas and Beans, Kanyon in Winter Squash, and Byron Will put in lettuce once we figure out where it should be. Each of the boys are responsible for those plants the rest of the year. Krik also planted Red Onions and a few types of potatoes. We are so lucky to have so much space to build our garden area. It would not be the Myers Garden if we did not have up our mannequins protecting the garden as well. 

We also cleaned out the Chicken and Rabbit pins from winter. Starting on the garage was in the works however, the rain yesterday and today has slowed that project down a bit. I love having some energy to work but I sure am tired right now. 


Before and after pictures of the boys hair cuts are the last thing I want to touch on for the week. 
Lykota got his first cut and he was not happy about it. The rest of the boys got shorter cuts and they are okay with it. Kanyon was really the only one who WANTED the hair cuts but I figured they may thank me later when the weather really changes. To be clear I did give all the boys hair cuts. Not just these three. But for some reason I do not have before and after pictures of the other two. As you might guess, Cole looks just like Byron and Kanyon's cut is just like Lykota's. Jimmy just looks grown up. 






 Well as Spring Break comes to a close I hope you can see we are starting to work hard to get things ready to live simply beautiful this year on our little farm.

This blog is meant as an outlet to keep me on the path of simple living. I am finding myself yet again as I reinvent this wheel I go round on trying to keep all my emotion's in check and stay strong in the process. The one who knows me best has found when I start this kind of thing he likes living with me more. I too cut my hair it is not as short as I usually go but I did get bangs again just for the change. I won't take pictures because really I am self conscious about my weight issues and body image. I too am under going changes, as I am trying to eat healthy and stay strong. I will journal my success and failures on a different blog not related to this one. Hopefully that will keep me accountable on that road as well.
For now I am posting about my simple life on the small hobby farm in Utah.




No comments:

Post a Comment