Monday, May 28, 2012

Cat, Chicks, and Cows oh my!!!!

Well the last month has flown by me. I have not written here for a while and for that I apologize. This life of simplistic beauty has taken time, energy and effort that I have poured my heart and soul into.
I have had busy busy schedules for the last while and now summer is here it has only gotten busier.
On the up side I feel that living this kind of lifestyle is very very satisfying.

For starters Jimmy my oldest decied to build a fire pit for us to have campfires around. He dug it, and built it. It is just the right size.




All the brothers chipped in to help too. It has been a great fire pit and he did a wonderful job on it. Loving it.






The next thing we got was a few fun new animals on our farm. We have 11 chickens now and 1 cow and a cat.  The chickens give us farm fresh eggs. The cow is still a baby but will give us meat for the winter  months. The cat keeps all the other critters in line. He really is a true farm cat.
Cow and Kanyon
I will upload more pictures of the finished corral in the morning. However, this is what it started as. 
Then it turned in a wonder place for Chickens and Cow to hang out all day. 

Satisfying as animals are they are a lot of work. The chickens lay eggs each day and they get gathered. The cow needs to be feed both morning and night. And their hay needs to be changed every other day or so.  The old hay gets burned in our fire pit and spread onto our garden spot that Krik has put up for us. 
Today we planted 12 tomato plants. Tomorrow through this week we will put in 1 honey dew plant, 2 yellow squash plants, 4 cucumbers plants, 2 jalapeno pepper plants, 1 bannana pepper plant, 2 red pepper plants, 2 green pepper plants, and a hot mexican pepper plant. Seeds we will put in pumpkins, carrots, lettuce (2 different kinds), radishes, green beans, spinach, and then dill and parsley.  Thus my garden is complete. 

I will keep you all updated. 

NEWS FLASH! our little family on the farm will be growing by one coming this winter. Yep, I am pregnant and expecting (his, hers and ours) our 8th child.  As we move closer to the due date I will post more. 

My hubby has kindly asked me to add this last little bit. 
To all your husbands out their whose wives may think they want this satisfyingly simple life, it will kill a husband will all the honey do lists. :) 

I have no idea what he is talking about.  


1 comment:

  1. Love it! And you know I can't imagine what kind of Honey do list he could mean. ;)

    ReplyDelete