Thursday, November 17, 2011

One roof, One Floor, One Home.

I have wished for the simple life. Well I am getting it. I love it too! After getting married and going on my honeymoon I ,Krik and the boys started looking for a 3-4 bedroom home to combine our house holds into one. One roof, One floor, One home. We found it and it landed in our laps.

I had been agonizing over this decision for a month now. We look and I would always find some excuse not to like the home we were looking at. It was in a bad neighborhood or it had crooked floors and wall's or it had shag carpet. Or  I would just get a really bad feeling about it.


Last week we looked at a home that caught the attention of the whole family. The boys loved the fact they only have to share a room with one other brother. I think the three story tree house out back helped a ton too.

 








The yard is huge and big enough for the kids to run and play. 2.6 acres to be exact.  It comes equipped with a small orchard, nut trees (hazel and walnut to be exact) and its own heard of deer that live in the forest that we now rent.

The house itself was build in 1956 but it was renovated less than a year ago and has never been lived in since the renovation. It is like walking into a brand new house. The out side is red brick looks like a small rambler from the long driveway you must drive to get to it.



















It has a 4 car detached garage that my older boy's are asking to use already.

No matter what it looks like on the outside the inside will surely make you fall in love with this property. The space inside feels as big as the space outside. You walk into through a wonderfully beautiful door. Off to your side you will find a coat closet that is there for your coats.

The entrance way is quite and nice but as you walk further into this home you find a nice and homely feel.
The 1st thing you might notice is the light fixture as I did , or you may be more likely to notice the picture window that over looks the back yard as Krik did. Either way you will pass by the coolest feature of the front room the spiral stair case.

 

This stair case leads to the family room downstairs. it takes up a major part of the down stairs.
Back at the top of the stairs to right of the front room is the dining room and Kitchen area.
The kitchen is totally new. New refrigerator, new dishwasher, new range with double oven, new microwave, new cabinets, and marble counter tops. Now I know this is not the older home feel that I am use to but it is beginning to grow on me.  
Off the dining room there is a small mud room that was built after the house was built. It is where the boys will do art projects, take off their shoes and where I will keep my cold storage.


The favorite part of this home is the View. This is the view out of the picture window in the front room.
(yes the property runs to the middle of the river)


Now as I said before this property landed in our lap. Yes we were looking but I would have never looked at this because it seemed to be out of our price range.

How it happened.
Krik was driving the boys to school one day and had to take a detour due to construction. This house sat on the road that he was detoured onto. It had a "For Rent" sign on the front fence of the drive way. So after I got off work he asked me to call on it. As I made the call I became very aware I was going to look at a home that might just be something we could agree upon.

We drove in and found the owner / landlord waiting for us. As we looked at the property we started talking to him. I was taken back by the inside of this home because the outside looked so plain. Speaking with him we found the price could and would be reduced into our price range if we would choose to do some work in the yard , to keep up the orchard and keep the grass cut, and keep up the irrigation. Wow! My dream come true. Now if to fill out the application. He did not have one for us to fill out at this time. He said he would send us one via email.

He took our information down and later that day sent us the contract to sign. What faith he had. Because after all we had not filled out an application yet. In the email we received it explained he would love for a family who was willing to work the land a little to rent this home.
We as a family slept on it for two nights. Then went down and signed the contract with him on the 8th of November. Our move in date was to be set at the 14th of November. Thus giving us little time to get packed and moved.

Now comes the hard part Packing and moving.
Krik has done most of this for us this week. yesterday he and the boys moved the mattresses, Kitchen table and a bunch of food and misc items over the the house.
Tonight will no doubt be nothing different.
Saturday I have enlisted the help of my ward to get the big stuff moved from Mapleton over to Orem. I can't wait to have furniture to sit on in my front room. The kids toys and TV and everything else hopefully will come over Saturday too. As long as we get the big stuff over on Saturday we will be able to get the small stuff moved by the 1st of December.
I am using the KISS rule to get all of this done.
1st : stay as organized as possible.
2nd : Get through he big stuff then sweat the small stuff. (ie. Furniture then boxes.)
3rd: Clean up the house and Apartment and leave time to spare so the land lords can get people in as soon as they can.

Everyone who knows me knew I as apprehensive about this move. As I started to put stuff away in my kitchen last night I realized I am home. After the boys went to bed last night I and Krik walked up the driveway (ie. about 1/4 mile one way). As we walked I realized I was home. No more asking which house are we at tonight. Now I can just go home.

After praying heavily on this move I feel at peace with the decision Krik and I have made for our little family. I feel this move will give us the jump start to our life we need. One roof, One floor, One home.

No comments:

Post a Comment