Friday, December 16, 2011

In the Immortal words of Frosty the Snowman "Happy Birthday"

I think "Happy Birthday" is the perfect saying for this special time of year. I am Christian and I know that may offend some people. However, when I wish someone "Merry Christmas" I wish them a holiday greeting and I mean it sincerely.

To often people are offended by the simplest gesture's of kindness. I wish this was not the case. I have friends who are all religious differences, Wicca, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, and many more.The one thing they all have in common, They love people. They are great friends and they love me for whom I am.

At work today I wished a inmates family "Merry Christmas." I was looked at very solidly by this person. He stopped dead center in the room and in a very sweet voice said, "Ms.  very careful, you may offend someone if you say that too loudly. I wish you a Happy Hanuka." Smiling he walked to his car and loaded his property into his car. I stood there thinking hard. I took that as a very happy thought he had enough kindness to wish me a Happy Hanuka. I took this with a very sweet disposition. But then I thought the of the word Offend. He was very right. I could bring on a lawsuit over the very thought of saying "Christmas" in a work type setting. I am a Utah State Employee after all. I believe State and Religion should be separate.
I thought of this sweet gentleman who gave me such a gift today as to say Happy Hanuka. I deiced he was right on both accounts. It was a gift from me to the people i see on a weekly basis. It could also offend people.
SO as of right now I will wish people "Happy Birthday" at work for the rest of the season. This way I can not offend anyone yet, still get my wishes out to people. It is the perfect solution.

To my readers, I, Krik and the Kids wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I will update this tomorrow, or later tonight with some great homemade gift ideas you can use this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment